A delicious combination of vegetables with a touch of spice from the chorizo sausage. Yum!
- • 3 to 4 cobs of corn, shucked
- • 2 lbs fresh fava beans, podded
- • 1 red bell pepper, diced
- • 1 yellow onion, chopped
- • 2 oz chorizo sausage, diced
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • ½ c chicken stock
- • 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Using a knife, remove the corn kernels from the cobs. You should have about 3 cups.
- Blanche the fava beans in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, then drain in a sieve and rinse under cold running water. Slip the favas out of their skins and set aside. Discard the skins.
- In a large frying pan or saute pan, saute the onions over medium heat until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the chorizo sausage and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer to deglaze the pan. Add the corn, red pepper, fava beans and fresh thyme and saute for about 3 minutes.Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6