An easy and elegant meal suitable for weekday or company dinner.
- • 4 slices prosciutto
- • 2 lb fingerling potatoes
- • 2 tbsp butter
- • 2 generous trout filets, washed and each cut into 2-3 pieces
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 2 spring onions, white & green parts, ¼” slices
- • 1c petit peas (defrost thoroughly if frozen)
- • ¼ c shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped & toasted
- Broil the prosciutto slices until crisp (about 5 minutes). Keep a close eye on them as they burn easily. (I foolishly left them unattended one time and spent the rest of the day airing out the house – not pretty). Cool until ready to handle, then crumble into ½” pieces. Set aside.
- Boil the fingerling potatoes in their skins until fork-tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain thoroughly and then crush lightly with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a 10” skillet over medium heat until foamy, but not brown. Add the crushed potatoes, spreading them evenly across the bottom of pan. Sprinkle the spring onions and peas across the top. Allow the potatoes to brown, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. When almost done, add the prosciutto pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a 12” skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the trout pieces, skin side down. Let them cook, undisturbed, until the skin is crispy and the trout is cooked throughout, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the potato mixture between four plates and arrange the trout filets on top. Sprinkle with the pistachio nuts. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4