- 1 c farro
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, tough parts removed
- 1 lb sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 c grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 c chopped fresh chives
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Soak farro in a large bowl of water for 12 hours. Drain.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the drained farro and return to the boil. Simmer, uncovered over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm (about 30 minutes). Drain and allow to cool.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and sugar snap peas and cook uncovered until tender (about 3 minutes). Drain in a colander. Spread the asparagus and sugar snap peas on a cookie sheet and place in the fridge until cool. Once cool, chop into 2″ lengths and set aside.
- In a small bowl, place a pinch of sea salt and add the white balsamic vinegar. When the salt has dissolved, add the olive oil. Whisk with an immersion whisk until thoroughly emulsified.
- Pace the faro, asparagus, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, walnuts, cranberries, parsley and chives in a large bowl. Drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Toss thoroughly, adjust seasonings and serve.
- The salad is equally good chilled or at room temperature.
- Farro is also known as wheat berries.
- Prep Time: 720
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 8