- 6 oz unsalted butter, melted
- 7 oz brown sugar
- 3.5 oz white sugar
- 1 egg plus one egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10.5 oz all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c chocolate chips (or more, depending on preference)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF or 325ºF convection. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and place in the bowl of a mixer. Add the two sugars and using the paddle attachment, beat until the sugars are dissolved and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in the bowl of the mixer. Beat slowly and carefully at first, so as not to cause a flour shower. Gradually increase the speed of the mixer until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. The dough will be fairly stiff at this point.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer. Using a wooden spatula, stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a small scoop or spoon, drop balls of the dough onto the parchment lined cookie sheets. The dough will make 24 large cookies or 36 medium sized (the balls of dough will be about 2″ or 1.5″, respectively). In either case, work with 12 cookies per sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through baking.
- Use a scale to weigh the dry ingredients. Not only is it much easier, it allows for more accurate measurement, and hence a more reliable result.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20