- 300 g thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces (5 slices)
- 227 g or 8 oz whole milk ricotta
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 40 g or 1 1/3 oz small shallot, finely chopped (1 small)
- 600 g summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into ½-inch thick half-moons (3 medium)
- 2 g or 2 tbsp basil chiffonade
- 454 g or 1 lb linguine
- 27 g or ½ c Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and more for passing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Mix the ricotta and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally (8 minutes). Leaving the bacon in the skillet, drain all but about 1 tbsp of the fat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the shallots. Sauté until they just begin to turn golden (1 minute). Add the squash and cook until lightly browned and tender ( 7 minutes).
- Cook the linguine until al dente (8 minutes). Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to a large, pre-warmed serving bowl along with the squash mixture, the ricotta cheese, ½ c of parmesan cheese and the basil chiffonade. Toss gently but thoroughly, adding some reserved pasta water as required.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4