- 28 g (1 oz or 2 tbsp) butter
- 150 g (5.3 oz) fennel, chopped (about 1/2 a small fennel)
- 150 g (5.3 oz) leeks, chopped (about 1/2 a large leek)
- 5 g (1 tsp or about 1 small clove) garlic, minced
- 227 g (8 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 113 g (4 oz) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 113 g (4 oz) Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 85 g (3 oz) pine nuts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (490 g or 17.3 oz), thawed
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the fennel, leeks and garlic and sauté until tender (about 5 minutes). Add the spinach and toss the mixture gently until the spinach wilts and the liquid is evaporated (about 3 minutes). Add the cheeses and pine nuts and stir until melted. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the beaten egg.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, forming a rectangle of 13 x 11”. Spread half of the spinach mixture over the pastry, leaving a border of ½”.
- Roll up the sheet of pastry like a jellyroll, starting with the long edge. Repeat with the remaining sheet of pastry and spinach mixture. Wrap each roll tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to two days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 325°F Convection. Place parchment paper on two baking sheets.
- Cut the rolls into ¼” slices and arrange them on the parchment. Bake until golden brown (25 to 30 minutes).
This recipe is adapted from Victoria Classics Tea Pleasures 2018.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes