- 4 eggs
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 10 spears of cooked asparagus, chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- Place an oven rack about 8″ from the top and preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well. Season with salt and pepper. Add about half the goat cheese to the eggs and beat again.
- In a 10″ cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the asparagus and tomatoes and sauté until warmed through and the tomatoes are beginning to soften (about 2 minutes). Pour the egg mixture gently over the vegetables. Sprinkle the remaining goat cheese over the egg mixture. Allow to cook until set (about 4 minutes).
- Transfer the pan to the oven and broil until the top of the frittata is puffy and browned, turning once to ensure even browining (about 4 mimutes).
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- You can use almost any leftover vegetable for this. Some people like to start with a finely chopped shallot. Leftover mushrooms, fingerling potatoes or a crumbled Italian sausage work well, too.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 2