This buttery bundt-style cake has a light, spongey texture with hints of lemon and a touch of sweetness. Delicious!
For the cake:
- 360 g or 3 c cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 226 g or 1 c butter, softened
- 300 g or 1 1/2 c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 245 g or 1 c yoghurt
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the glaze:
- 63 g or 3 tbsp honey
- 54 g or 1 c confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Make the cake:
- Position a rack in the centre of the oven and heat the oven to 325°F. Spray pan with high-quality baking spray containing flour (I used Bak Klene).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until evenly combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and the sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- With the mixer running on medium-low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, mixing for at least 20 seconds after each addition, and scraping down the bowl and paddle occasionally. Add the yoghurt and mix until combined.
- With the mixer running on the lowest speed, add the flour mixture in two portions and mix until just combined.
- Scrape the bowl one last time, add the lemon zest and vanilla extract and mix at medium speed until the batter is smooth and fluffy (20 to 30 seconds).
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Tap the pan firmly against the counter to dislodge trapped air (put a cutting board down to prevent the counter getting damaged).
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with only moist crumbs clinging to it (45 to 55 minutes).
- Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. The cake will keep at room temperature for 3 days.
Make the glaze:
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and heat in the microwave until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is warm (60-90 seconds). Brush on the cake while it’s still warm.