For the Rosemary Honey Syrup:
- 60 ml or 2 fluid oz water
- 85 g or 2 fluid oz liquid honey
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
For the cocktail:
- 45 ml or 1 ½ fl oz brandy
- 23 ml or ¾ oz Cointreau or orange liqueur
- 23 ml or ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- 7 ml or ¼ oz Honey Rosemary Syrup
Make the Rosemary Honey Syrup:
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the water, honey and rosemary sprig to a brisk simmer, swirling until the honey is dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the rosemary sprig and strain the syrup into an airtight container. The syrup can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Make the cocktail:
- Fill a cocktail shaker or Yarai glass with ice. Add the brandy, Cointreau, fresh lemon juice and Honey Rosemary Syrup and shake or stir until thoroughly combined and chilled (10-15 seconds).
- Strain into chilled low rocks or coupe glass and garnish with a fresh or dehydrated lemon slice.
Adapted from Craft Cocktails by Geoff Dillon and Whitney Rorison.