- 454 g or 1 lb small yellow or fingerling potatoes, par-cooked
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g onion, diced (1 small)
- 100 g green bell pepper, sliced (1 medium)
- 100 g red bell pepper, sliced (1 medium)
- 180 g or 2 c cremini mushroom, sliced
- 3 g or 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 90 g or 3 c baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 5 g or 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 g or 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- In a 10” cast iron skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook until crispy and beginning to brown (5–10 minutes). Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft and fragrant (5 minutes). Add the peppers, mushrooms and thyme; continue to sauté until the mushrooms have lost most of their liquid and are beginning to brown (5-10 minutes). Add the spinach and let it wilt (2 minutes). Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Make 4 small wells in the vegetables; break an egg into each well. Cover the skillet until the eggs are cooked, but the yolks are still soft (4–5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with parsley and chives and serve immediately.
Adapted from The Last Food Blog.