- 300 g or 2 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ ml or ½ tsp baking soda
- 10 ml or 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 ½ ml or ½ tsp salt
- 227 g or 8 oz butter
- 266 g or 1 1/3 c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 20 ml or 4 tsp vanilla
- 225 g or 1 c buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy (3 minutes).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition (15 seconds). Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the buttermilk. Scrape down the bowl as needed, beating until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Using a #20 scoop (3 tbsp) ice cream scoop, fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake until the centre of the cupcakes spring back to the touch or a wooden toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean (16–18 minutes).
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting with Swiss Meringue Buttercream or the frosting of your choice.
You can use a #60 (1 tbsp) scoop for mini cupcakes.
Adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen.
- Serving Size: Makes 24 regular or 75 mini cupcakes.