- 112 g or ¾ c chopped walnuts
- 240 g or 2 c all-purpose flour
- 150 g or ¾ c light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 5 ml or 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ml or ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 170 g or 6 oz unsalted butter, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 908 g or 2 lbs firm, ripe plums, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 454 g or 1 lb firm, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into ½” slices
- Preheat the oven to 350° F convection bake or 375º F regular bake.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the walnuts until finely chopped. Add the flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; pulse to combine. Add the butter in a few batches, pulsing to mix each batch and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the egg yolk and pulse until the mixture just clings together with some pea-sized crumbles. Set aside.
- Spread the plums and peaches in an 11″ tart pan.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake until the top is lightly browned and the fruit juices are bubbling (40–50 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Vanilla ice cream makes a wonderful accompaniment.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Serving Size: 10