Who doesn’t love a glass of bubbly? This festive cocktail has the rich, fruity flavours of pear and cinnamon, perfect for the holiday season and ringing in the New Year.
The Pear Simple mixes up quickly and is delicious with sparkling water, drizzled in a cup of hot or cold green tea or as a sweetener for your morning bowl of oatmeal.
Not just a pretty cocktail!
Spiced Pear Sparkler
With just the right amount of fruity flavour, this slightly spicy bubbly cocktail is perfect for celebrating the festive season.
For the Spiced Pear Simple Syrup:
- 4 ripe Anjou or Bartlett pears, chopped into 1” pieces
- 200 g or 1 c granulated sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 c water
For the drink:
- 1 oz Spiced Pear Simple Syrup
- 4 oz Prosecco or Champagne
Make the Spiced Pear Simple Syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the pears, sugar, cinnamon sticks and water to a gentle boil. Lower the heat and simmer (30 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool (15 minutes).
- Using a slotted spoon or spider, remove the pears and cinnamon sticks. Discard.
- Strain the syrup through a sieve into a large glass measuring cup. Strain again through paper towels or a coffee filter into a glass jar or bottle and refrigerate. The syrup will keep for up to two weeks.
Make the Spiced Pear Sparkler:
- Pour the chilled Spiced Pear Simple Syrup into a coupe glass or champagne flute and top with Prosecco or Champagne.