A great alternative to corn on the cob, Corn Salad allows you to get the mess out of the way, pronto. Parents with small children or anyone sporting dental hardware will thank you! It’s fabulous with grilled meat, seafood, or a take-along to a potluck or picnic, it’s delicious at room temperature.
- 8 ears of corn, shucked, kernels cut from the cob
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 30 ml or 2 oz cider vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Maldon flake salt
- In a large skillet, warm 1 tbsp olive oil. Sautée the corn until cooked, but still crisp (3 minutes). Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil, cider vinegar, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper until emulsified. Add the cooled corn and toss until coated. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Season with additional pepper and Maldon flake salt.