Light and refreshing, this crisp salad features tender Bibb lettuce with creamy goat cheese, sweet pears and crunchy pepitas. A delectable combination.
Bibb Lettuce, Arugula and Pear Salad with Chèvre and Pepitas
- Yield: Serves 4. 1x
For the Dressing
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 ml or 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 800 g or 28 oz Bibb lettuce, in bite-sized pieces (about 1 head)
- 85 g or 3 oz Arugula (about 3 c)
- 1 Bosc or Anjou pear, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 85 g or 3 oz chevre, crumbled
- 30 g or ¼ c pepitas, toasted
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pepitas until fragrant (about a minute). Remove them from the skillet, so they don’t scorch.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly whisk the lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and salt until no lumps of mayonnaise remain. Whisking steadily, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is completely emulsified. Adjust the seasonings.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, arugula, pear, half the chevre and pepitas, and drizzle with sufficient dressing to coat the leaves lightly. Serve topped with the remaining chevre and pepitas.
Adapted from Cook’s Illustrated.
Hi Helen, the salad is lovely, but I really need to know about the bluebird cloth under the plate!! Please and Thank You
It’s a tea towel from April Cornell! 🙂 That particular one is long gone from the website, but they have new ones all the time.