This salad has only a few ingredients and takes minutes to throw together. The flash-cooked and cooled green beans lend some crunch to the meaty tomatoes, along with the salty tenderness of the olives. Delicious!
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- 12 oz green beans
- 1 c heirloom or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir the white wine vinegar and kosher salt until the salt dissolves. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Add the shallots and thyme and set aside.
- Bring a skillet of salted water to a boil over high heat. Flash cook the green beans until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes). Drain and cool under cold running water.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans with the cherry tomatoes. Toss the vegetables with the vinaigrette, Stir in the olives,
- Adjust the seasonings and serve.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: salad quick green beans olives tomatoes
I’m sharing this post with Between Naps on the Porch.