This salad has only a few ingredients and takes minutes to throw together. The flash-cooked and cooled green beans lend some crunch to the meaty tomatoes, along with the salty tenderness of the olives. Delicious!
Green Beans, Tomatoes and Kalamata Olive Salad
A fast and fresh summer salad. Great with grilled lamb, chicken or pork. Toss with some feta cheese for a vegetarian main.
- Yield: serves 6
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- 12 oz green beans
- 1 c heirloom or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir the white wine vinegar and kosher salt until the salt dissolves. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Add the shallots and thyme and set aside.
- Bring a skillet of salted water to a boil over high heat. Flash cook the green beans until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes). Drain and cool under cold running water.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans with the cherry tomatoes. Toss the vegetables with the vinaigrette, Stir in the olives,
- Adjust the seasonings and serve.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: salad quick green beans olives tomatoes
I’m sharing this post with Between Naps on the Porch.
I have all these ingredients. Wish you would have posted it sooner before we had you for dinner. Oh well. Next time!
What you served was delicious! Enjoy this one. It’s really quick!
Add a dish of marinated cubes of feta cheese & warm pita triangles, glass of wine, plus this salad and it’s a perfect little party. Yummy recipe! Thanks!!
Mmmmm. Indeed! Those would be excellent additions. Beach picnic, anyone?