This versatile salad makes a great starter for an elegant dinner when served in a champagne coupe or martini glass.
It’s equally at home in a lidded mason jar for your next picnic.
The cukes and blueberries are tangy and refreshing; the goat cheese provides a creamy counterpoint.
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 c (1 pint) fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ c coarsely chopped Italian parsley leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- several grinds of black pepper
- 2 oz (½ c) crumbled chevre
- Wash and peel the cucumber, if desired. I prefer to leave half the skin on, peeling away every other strand for a pinwheel effect. With a sharp knife, cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. With the tip of a spoon, scrape out the seeds, then dice the cucumber.
- In a large bowl, toss the cucumber, blueberries, scallions and Italian parsley.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the salt into the lime juice, then whisk in the olive oil. Add a few grinds of black pepper.
- Pour over the cucumber mixture and toss to combine
- Sprinkle with chevre and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Serving Size: 6
I”m sharing this post with Between Naps on the Porch.