Tender corn, creamy avocado and tangy tomatoes come together in a bright summer salad, with just enough Romaine lettuce to provide some toothsome crunch.
Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad
This simple salad showcases the fresh flavours of corn, avocadoes and tomatoes, while crunchy romaine adds textural contrast—summer on a plate.
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
For the dressing
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 ml or 2 tsp honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the salad
- 14 g or 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp olive oil
- 375 g or 2 c fresh corn kernels (from about 3 ears)
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and diced or thinly sliced
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 c grape tomatoes, halved
- Small basil leaves for garnish
Make the dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, olive oil and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the salad
- In a large skillet over high heat, warm the butter and olive oil. Add the corn and sauté, stirring occasionally, until just tender and lightly browned in spots (3– 4 minutes). Transfer to a plate and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled corn, avocados, lettuce and tomatoes. Toss gently with the dressing to combine. Garnish with the basil and serve immediately.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen.
This salad looks delicious and easy enough without much fuss. Just what I like in the summer! Thanks
Cooking the corn is a bit messy, Maura, but other than that, it’s a snap.