This is an incredibly tasty meal, perfect for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table with as little fuss as possible.
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 bunch rapini (broccoli rabe), cleaned and roughly chopped into 1” pieces
- 2–3 medium leeks (white & light green parts only) in ¼” slices
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lb short pasta (Fusilli, Campanelli or Cavatappi)
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Brown the sausage in a large frypan or 4-6 quart saute pan for about 5 minutes. Remove browned sausage to metal colander to drain. Add a little olive oil to the pan and saute the leeks until softened (about 5 minutes). Add the wine and reduce to half, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spatula. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Return the sausage to the pan, cover and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. A few minutes before it’s done, add the rapini to the sausage mixture and saute for 2 minutes until bright green. Drain the pasta.
- Combine all ingredients and serve, sprinkled with grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4