In my quest to discover some easily prepared appetizers, I found Real Simple’s Quick 20-Minute Party Appetizers. They had one for Bacon-Wrapped Apricots that sounded intriguing. The reviews complained about the bacon taking a long time to cook and producing too much fat, so I substituted prosciutto. It packs a ton of flavour with far less fat, and I figured it would cook faster, too.
A fast and flavourful appetizer.
- 24 small fresh sage leaves
- 24 large dried apricots
- 12 slices prosciutto, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat oven to 375 (or 350 convection if you have it).
- Wrap each apricot with a sage leaf, then roll into a piece of prosciutto. Place seam side down on a baking sheet
- Bake until the prosciutto is crisp, about 5 minutes per side
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve with toothpicks.
- Serving Size: 6