It’s always such a treat to visit Cliveden, a country house hotel in England, and it’s an even bigger treat when the visit adds a delicious cocktail recipe to our repertoire.
When we learned that it was made with Bruichladdich’s The Classic Laddie, we naturally expected it to have the signature peaty aroma and taste of an Islay whisky. Not so! The surprise comes when you discover that The Classic Laddie is a 100% unpeated Islay single-malt whisky. You learn something new every day.
Many thanks to the barman, who was most gracious in sharing the recipe with us.
A refreshingly delicious Scotch whisky based cocktail.
- 50 ml Bruichladdich, The Classic Laddie
- 25 ml Martini Rosso
- 25 ml Cointreau
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Combine all the ingredients, stir and serve over ice.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and a liquor-marinated cherry.
- The Bruichladdich Classic Laddie is a very unusual Scotch whisky. While it is a single malt Islay, it is 100% unpeated. It makes a very unusual, and delicious cocktail.