This wonderful salad makes a tasty starter course for dinner and works equally well as a main course for lunch.
Serve with a crusty baguette to mop up every delicious morsel.
The tender shrimp, crunchy celery and creamy white beans have a fabulous mouthfeel; the tomatoes and lemony vinaigrette provide a tangy counterpoint.
It’s from At Home with Carolyne Roehm, a book of tableware eye candy and delicious recipes.
- The Salad
- • 3 c cooked white beans (approx. 2 cans)
- • ¾ c diced celery
- • ¾ c diced red onion
- • 1 tsp minced garlic
- • 1 ½ lb medium shrimp, peeled & cooked
- • 1 pint grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved (reserve until last minute if making ahead)
- • Fresh spinach, Boston lettuce or Arugula
- The Dressing
- • ¼ c olive oil
- • juice and zest of 1 medium lemon (use a micro-planer to zest – so easy!)
- • 1 tsp fresh thyme
- • 1 tsp fresh oregano
- • ½ c chopped parsley
- • freshly ground salt & pepper
- Squeeze lemon juice into small preparation bowl. Add the salt and let dissolve. Whisk in olive oil using emulsifier whisk or fork. Add remaining dressing ingredients.
- Place salad ingredients in large preparation bowl and add dressing. Gently combine and serve over greens.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Serving Size: 6
I’m sharing this post with Between Naps on the Porch.