Our marmalade cat, Tigger, considers himself to be human, although if asked, I’d bet he’d shudder at the thought of lowering himself to that level. Among his many quirks is his passion for human food. No meal is complete without Tigger sidling up to the table and bunting the nearest potential contributor until his own plate is produced. When put before him, he carefully compares his serving to everyone else’s to make sure no one is trying to pull a fast one by giving him an inferior meal. This is one of his favourites.
- • 1 lb Fettuccini or Tagliatelle
- • 16 oz Alfredo sauce (prepared or homemade)
- • 1 lb frozen shrimp (31-40 per lb)
- • 4 oz smoked salmon
- • 4 oz smoked trout
- • 1 bunch rapini
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the pasta. Cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, defrost and peel the shrimp under cold running water. Chop the salmon and smoked trout into ½” pieces. Clean and drain the rapini and chop into 2″ pieces.
- Gently heat the Alfredo sauce.
- When the pasta is almost ready, add the peeled shrimp and the rapini. Let the pot return to the boil for about a minute. Drain well in a colander.
- Combine the pasta/shrimp/rapini with the Alfredo sauce and the smoked fish. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 4